Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fitness News #22

Fitness News #22

th_24122008.jpg 

 

A rainy week but the forecasters were a tad off when they said it would rain all week.  Perhaps the weather gods smiled on us, a sunny weekend on each side of the rain.

 

What was apparent is how most still came to the gym for their workouts, least that what's I saw this week.

 

RPM51 done and dusted

 

All I can say if you didn't get an RPM51 class is "what rock were you hiding under"  If you missed it, you might be lucky to get a session from someone else, but this instructor is done with it after presenting it 15 times

 

Did you check out my body paint photos?;

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn47/mikesbytes/Fitness%20News/51%20Launch/

 

Feedback I got was that most liked the launch with a few giving it 50/50

 

Nutrition

 

Ice cream

 

Being the bargain hunter I am, I snapped up a 2ltr tub of Vanilla ice cream at Audi (their home brand).  But when I was dishing it out, I read the nutational label – shock, it only had 0.8% protein.  Now milk products have a reasonable amount of protein in them, so what was happening here?  I went to Woolworths and checked the ice creams and Bulla chocolate ice cream was on special.  Checking the label it had 3.8% protein.

 

So was the Audi one a bargain, no it wasn't, I was basically buying favoured whipped ice water and from now on I'll buy real ice cream.

 

Choices

 

A friend of mine is starting a diet on Monday, his partner will be preparing his food and on Monday that's Chicken and sweet potato.  Sweet potato I asked, he said its better than potato so I looked it up and this is what I found;

http://www.lisanelsonrd.com/blog/white-potato-vs-sweet-potato-which-is-better

 

So should I eat chicken (apologies to the vego's) or tofu, pasta or rice?  The answer to the question comes thru knowledge of what those products are.  A quick surf and I found a site where you can do a simple comparison;

http://www.twofoods.com/

 

But nothing beats the tower of knowledge, once you have empowered yourself with it

 

 

Outdoor Cycling

 

What a lovely week of bike commuting – not.  Unfortunately I had to ride on Monday and clocked up 58k in the wet.  When I came out of Walker st on Monday it was pissing down.  So I went for a coffee, as far as I was concerned, work can wait.

 

And for May, my bike club had a training competition and guess who won J my forum name is mikebytes, see the following thread;

http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2412&start=320

 

Road Racing

I'm doing the ATTA  Individual Time Trail on Sunday morning, as training for the upcoming championship

 

Classes

 

It's back to the mix

 

Fitness First

Mon 6/06/11 6:00 AM          Walker Mon 6.00am

Mon 6/06/11 5:45 PM          5Dock Mon 5.45pm

Tue 7/06/11 5:45 PM           Rock Tue 5.45pm Cover

Tue 7/06/11 6:45 PM           Rock Tue 6.45pm

Thu 9/06/11 6:00 AM           Walker Thu 6.00am

Fri 10/06/11 6:15 AM           Rock Fri 6.15am

Sat 11/06/11 8:15 AM          Rock HiPf Sat 8.15am

 

I can't do the class this Wednesday, Erin is covering it, please join Erin for this class

Wed 8/06/11 5:45 PM          N Strath Wed 5.45pm

 

YMCA

Mon 6/06/11 7:30 PM          Riverwood Mon 7.30pm

Tue 7/06/11 6:15 AM           Riverwood Tue 6.15am

 

Ask Mike

 

If you have any questions or things you would like to see in the newsletter, then let me know

 

See you at the Gym

 

Cheers Mike

 

 

Sleep Ride Eat Repeat




 

No comments:

Post a Comment