The weekend started well and then went belly up and now looking out the window, its gone nice, just in time for us not to enjoy it at work
The new wonder product
I'm restocking at the supermarket and I need cooking oil. Last time I brought a 4 litre tin and its lasted forever, so I decided to buy another one. But wait there's a new wonder product – Rice Bran oil, the front of the can is plastered with a big marketing message telling you about this amazing new product. And isn't that a manufacturers dream, a product made from a waste product that's good for you. And it was $8 cheaper than olive oil. What a bargain, got to buy it.
However, I look at the nutritional info and compare it with olive oil;
21% - Rice Bran oil
12% - Olive oil
Also noticed that light olive oil had the same % of saturated fat, didn't know that.
So the solution is to block out the marketing messages and focus on what the product actually is. The responsibility of marketers is to present the product in the most positive light, take for example smoking, which of the following images is more likely to make you feel good about smoking;
It's the same product but we are influenced more positively by the second image.
All mix this week, send thru your requests
No one sent me any recipes…. Have you got a favourite, send it thru
No racing this weekend, instead we planned a long training ride.
The plan was;
- Rockdale high performance 8.15 – 9.15
- Other riders arrive at my place at 9.30 and cook my breakfast
- Leave Rockdale 9.30 arrive home at 9.45, shower, breakfast, depart 10am
- Ride to Mittagong
- Bowal Cycling club group ride
- Hill repeats on MacQuarie pass
- Ride back to Sydney via Wollongong
- Trashed myself at High Performance
- All was on schedule until I had unexpected guest and we ended up leaving about 10.45am
- Back roads to Riverwood, then Motorway
- Absolutely gunned it on the Motorway, we had to depart from the Motorway early as there was road works and bicycles were banned from the last section into Campbelltown.
- Stopped at the shopping centre opposite Macarthur train station, had an iced coffee at the coffee shop.
- Picton for a late lunch
- Then it started to go belly up, light spotting grew to light showers and then as we got closer to Mittagong, light rain. We rolled into Mittagong about 5pm and went straight to the hotel and never left, ate at the hotel, consumed fine ail at the hotel etc etc.
- Weather looked 50/50 on the radar on the phone, so we headed to Bowral to do the Bowral bike club group ride. On the ride it got wetter and wetter.
- Caught the train back to Sydney
Oh well, we were suppose to do long rides with hills to train for the Grafton to Inverall race late in October, but it wasn't to be
Standard classes this week, I'll be taking North Strathfield high performance class on long weekend Monday 9.30am
Mon 26/09/11 5:45 PM 5Dock Mon 5.45pm
Tue 27/09/11 6:45 PM Rock Tue 6.45pm
Wed 28/09/11 5:45 PM N Strath Wed 5.45pm
Thu 29/09/11 6:00 AM Walker Thu 6.00am
Fri 30/09/11 6:15 AM Rock Fri 6.15am
Sat 1/10/11 8:15 AM Rock HiPf Sat 8.15am
Mon 3/10/11 9:30 AM N Strath HiPf Mon 9.30
Mon 26/09/11 7:30 PM River Mon 7.30pm
Tue 27/09/11 6:15 AM River Tue 6.15am
Music Request List
This list covers all gyms, all classes;
1 – Pack Ride (warm up)
2 – Pace
3 – Hills
4 – Mixed Terrain
5 – Intervals
6 – Speed Work
7 – Mountain Climb
8 – Ride Home (Warm down)
9 – Stretch
Sleep Ride Eat Repeat – see ya Mike