Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fitness News #23

Fitness News #23

 th_SutherlandHeadstand21122008.jpg

 

Where were you guys/gals hiding this week?  Some of you were there and others have succumbed to the winter blues….  

 

Music Requests

 

Hey, you got what you asked for, did you luv it!!!!!!!

 

Requests for this week are;

Tue 6.45pm Rockdale – Sweet Dreams.

 

Any other requests?

 

The cost to us of others poor lifestyle decisions

 

Started a thread on a forum about this and didn't find anything of serious interest, but I was a bit put off by a number of negative comments about over weight people, basically saying its their fault.  I don't see it that way, switch on your TV and there's constant adverts for junk food, whether it be a fast food chain, pizza, soft drink or confectionary.   How can you blame people for poor decisions when they are bombarded with how much fun their life is, if they make these poor decisions.  How often do you see an advert for apples?

 

Nutrition

 

Man, every time I read one of Antashia's posts, I rethink my diet and look for ways to improve it - http://primalmeded.com/2011/06/15/natural-my-a/

 

In simple terms, the further it is away from the farm the worse it is for us.  I'm thinking about giving up margarine, replacing it with butter.  Who can guide me on this?

 

KFC – apparently it stands for Kid Fattening Centre  LOL

 

Outdoor Cycling

 

Road Racing

NSW Club Team Time Trial (TTT) Championships

DHBC Team
Michael Clement (captain)
Mark Masterson
Mark Lacey
Craig Weller

Location Golburn NSW, lets call it cold-burn. Conditions were cold and windy, on a dead semi hilly road.

Seeded 6th by NSW Cycling, we were giving a 12.20pm start (teams 2 minutes apart), pefect for a warm start - NOT. When we had arrived at 9.45am there was no wind, but by midday the wind was pretty strong and cold. The decision was made as to what to wear and I rugged up, only to change my mind 10 minutes later and take one item off.

0-10k
We were working well together making good progress when at 8k Mark M declared that that he couldn't go on, we asked him to sit on the back but he said it was quits and pulled off, leaving 3 of us

10 -22.5k (turnaround)
About 15k, Craig started to have problems, we told him to stay on the back while Mark L and I shared the work. We caught the team in front of us, but they got a flat just as we approached them. I don't understand why they stopped, there were 4 of them and you only need 3 to finish.

22.5k - 41.5k
Mark L and I took up roles, so to focus on Craig's pace. Mark L kept a close eye on Craig, while I punched a hole thru the wind. For the return journey I did all the work on the front apart from 3 turns of about 1k or so by Mark L to give me a short rest. Mark L had to keep yelling at me to slow down, he was doing an excellent job of protecting Craig. At 41k I red lined and Mark L took the 3rd short turn, I recovered straight away and went back to the front.

41.5k - 45k
Craig was seriously wasted, I had gone too quick on the flat section (say 38k - 41.5k) and the bridge over the freeway became a hill for him, we were so close but he was on death row. All I could do was sit in front, while Mark L and I provided as much wind protection as possible. We were close to getting the next team in front of us, it was like a carrot on a stick, but I couldn't do anything about it.

So we had done one team in front of us and nearly a second. No teams overtook us, but it appeared to me that the team behind us had gained ground, so what was our result;
1h12m to place ourselves 4th. One place outside a NSW medal :shock:

 

Our Woman's elite team took out 3rd place, great going girls!!!!   http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/iniquitythroughsin/wmneltepodium.jpg

 

Track Racing

Race All Winter (RAW) has started.  This is racing on Sydney's indoor velodrome on Friday nights.  I've missed last weeks racing and its about 50/50 for getting there this Friday night.

 

Information about the series is here => http://www.rawtrack.com.au/ and here => http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2456

 

And this is what I looked like in 2007 http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/iniquitythroughsin/boysatthetrack.jpg should I grow my hair again?

Classes

 

Fitness First

Burn an extra 33% more calories for only 15 minutes more at the gym, come to high performance on Saturday

 

Mon 20/06/11 6:00 AM        Walker Mon 6.00am

Mon 20/06/11 5:45 PM        5Dock Mon 5.45pm

Tue 21/06/11 6:45 PM         Rock Tue 6.45pm – request => Sweet Dreams

Wed 22/06/11 5:45 PM        N Strath Wed 5.45pm

Thu 23/06/11 6:00 AM         Walker Thu 6.00am

Fri 24/06/11 6:15 AM           Rock Fri 6.15am

Sat 25/06/11 8:15 AM          Rock HiPf Sat 8.15am

 

YMCA

Got a couple of original classics for you – Painkiller and Going Insane

 

Mon 20/06/11 7:30 PM        Riverwood Mon 7.30pm

Tue 21/06/11 6:15 AM         Riverwood Tue 6.15am

 

Ask Mike

 

If you have any questions or things you would like to see in the newsletter, then let me know

 

See you at the Gym

 

Cheers Mike

 

 

Sleep Ride Eat Repeat




 

No comments:

Post a Comment