Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fitness News #19

Fitness News #19

th_FridgeDoor.jpg 

 

Down  in Goulburn this weekend, it was frigging cold on Saturday, hope it wasn't so bad in Sydney

 

Mikes Kitchen – Part One

 

So I've ranted on about this and that food wise, but do I live by what I preach.  The answer is… partially, I'm no angel, there's the odd crime here and there.  Part 1, the fridge is probably the better of the 3 parts, so here it is.

 

Fridge.jpgFridgeDoor.jpg

 

OK, the good and the not so good

Main Fridge

Marmalade – cheap Aldi brand.  Tut tut tut

Vegemite – but that Dick Smith brand, for a change from the usual vegemite

Margarine – elcheapo Aldi and Wollies brands.  Probably fill of something bad for me…

Duck eggs – like chicken eggs but about twice the size

Yoghurt – fruit flavored

Cheese – full fat

Cheese – feta.  Great for salads

Milk – full fat. Long life, cos I'm too lazy to plan my milk purchases

Grapes – 2kg, a good price at the moment and make a great snack

Vegetables – alfalfa, mushrooms, egg plant, water crest,  zucchinis, carrots, capsicum, pumpkin, tomatoes.  I'm not doing so bad there.


Door

Halini Cheese – how do spell that?  It was on special, I need a recipes to use it

Tofu – I use it for stir fry

Butter – when the recipe says butter, I use butter.  Some say I should use it instead of Margarine

Parmesan   Cheese – I eat plenty of pasta and I'm too lazy to grate my own

Spices and Sauces – Mustard, chilli paste, satay sauce,  chilli sauce, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, black bean sauce.  I have no idea what's good, bad and ugly amongst that lot

Coffee grounds

Milk – somehow I managed to buy it quicker than I used it.

Water  - 100% calorie free

Salad Dressing – this one has lasted a long time, I'd better check the use by date

 

Well it seems that I've done reasonably well on the fridge, but next week the freezer, I'm probably not going to do so well.

 

Outdoor Cycling

 

Road Racing

Saturday - NSW Road Racing Championship

Man that was one tough race.  Dropped, rode myself back on,  Dropped again, rode thru the motorcade by didn't get back on, rode again thru the motorcade and didn't get on again.  At halfway I could still see the front runners, but I was spent and that was that.  Finished about 1/3 thru the riders, so reasonable result but no medal.

 

Sunday - NSW Criterion Championship

Straight from the start the pace was hot, riders were being shed on every lap, but I felt good.  Early on 2 rides went for a breakaway and I didn't respond and this turned out to be a fatal mistake as they winner came from those 2 riders.  Later a rider went off the front and I jumped out the pack and rode up to him, but he was spent and I ended up by myself, so I rode tempo for 2 laps hoping for someone to join me, as the 2 riders away were 17 seconds ahead, too far for me to ride solo, but no one joined me so I let the pack catch me and I sat in.  Later in the race I went off front again but no one joined me so I aborted that break again.  On the last lap a rider crashed in front of me and I lost a lot of ground, which I had to regain over the lap.  Coming into the last corner I was too far back and rolled a couple of riders to come over the line 8th.

 

Woman's introduction to track riding – Saturday 2pm

Second to last week

Info : http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2344

Contact: Jessica jnor7837@gmail.com

Guy's are on Monday and Wednesday nights.

 

Classes

 

Fitness First

Mon 16/05/11 6:15 AM        Newtown Mon 6.15am (Cover)

Mon 16/05/11 5:45 PM        5Dock Mon 5.45pm

Tue 17/05/11 6:45 PM         Rock Tue 6.45pm

Wed 18/05/11 5:45 PM        N Strath Wed 5.45pm

Thu 19/05/11 6:00 AM         Walker Thu 6.00am – Red Lighted

Fri 20/05/11 6:15 AM           Rock Fri 6.15am

Sat 21/05/11 8:15 AM          Rock HiPf Sat 8.15am

 

YMCA

Mon 16/05/11 7:30 PM        Riverwood Mon 7.30pm

Tue 17/05/11 6:15 AM         Riverwood Tue 6.15am

 

Ask Mike

 

If you have any questions or things you would like to see in the newsletter, then let me know

 

See you at the Gym

 

Cheers Mike

 

 

Sleep Ride Eat Repeat




 

No comments:

Post a Comment